Monday, August 17, 2009
wedding apron dance
Here are the pics of my first BWOF pattern. Skirt 111 from July 09. Not too pleased with it. It's high waisted and needs to be better stablized. It's a little big too. Got a great tip from Sandi's blog post. She put boning in her high-waisted skirt. I'm going to remake it and do the same and adjust the fit.
I made an apron for a special wedding dance. Pretty neat concept, each person who dances with the bride puts money in her apron pockets. I was very pleased with it. I used Casa satin from Joann's, and I personalized it with embroidery using my Ellegante II. I think it's a Catcus Punch design I bought about 4 years ago at Expo. Her matron of honor had it made for her, haven't heard if she loved it or not.
I'm working on another BWOF dress to take on my cruise, will post pics soon!