Friday, July 9, 2010

Finds in NYC/Stash Sewing

Hi all,

My DH and I spent a lovely weekend in NYC 4th of July weekend.  We saw the play Fences starring Denzel Washington and Viola Davis!  It was outstanding!!!  Superb acting and a wonderful story!

Needless to say DH would not let me peruse the fabric stores, and I didn't insist being that I have my own personal fabric "shop" at home! LOL   But we did browse through a flee market in Hells Kitchen and came up with this wonderful dual thread stand.  It used to be part of an industrial sewing machine.  I got it for $8 and some change!

STASH SEWING - I'm making a cotton sundress using a piece of tangerine cotton from Italy. It has a bit of lycra in it.  Very nice hand.  I purchased it from Exquisite Fabrics in WDC when they were relocating!  I lined it with a very light weight cotton. 


I'm using Simplicity 4581 View B..  It's a 2005 discontinued pattern.  I'll be adding cream piping to the midriff.  I'm using size 12 and I did a FBA, and that as far as I've gotten.  Will work on the midriff and skirt tomorrow.  Pics to follow.  Happy sewing ladies.

2 comments:

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Very nice and thanks for the movie review. Will have to see that one!

Kat said...

I'll be sure to check out that movie because Denzel's movies are usually very good.