Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello Bloggers

I haven't posted for some time, but I've been lurking just about everyday.  What wonderful projects I've seen. 

Well in my last post I mentioned my prom projects.  The red short dress with the ruffle accent on the skirt didn't get completed!  The school cancelled the dance!  Neverhad that happen before.  I plan to finish the dress anyway.  It was for a niece.

The beautiful red/black sequin dress is a mystery.  After purchasing the fabric, she never returned for her fittings.  I made up the muslin and scheduled two appointments---no show, no call, just an e-mail stating a family emergency and she would call to make another appointment---well that hasn't happened.  Mystery!

As for my third client, all is going well.  This is the pic of the gown she wants.  I used Wild Ginger Celebrations to draft the top & freehand drafted the overbodice.  The fabric is from A Fabric Place in Baltimore.  It's from Italy!  It is soooo nice to work with.  I'm using the bottom tier of the skirt from this pattern  Burda 7923.  I will not gather the skirt waist, I'll use tucks instead & take out some of the fullness at the top.

The overbodice is underlined with a light weight crinoline type of lining for body and lined with silk organza.  It will be attached to the skirt at the waist & only at the sides of the foundation.   These pieces have not been pressed. 




so I'm making a foundation that will fit her snuggly and have a piece of grossgrain as a waist stay.  It will keep the gown up and in place!

It's made out of interfaced lining and a piece of casa satin from my stash.  I usually use a zip, but I saw on someone's post last week that they used hook & eyes---turned out pretty good.  You learn so much from blogging!

this is the bodice with the skirt lining...once I fit her tomorrow and make any adjustments, I'll cut the fashion fabric.

I've finished the embroidery for the wedding pillows, I'll stitch it out tomorrow.  Yes it's Easter, I'm having the kids over for breakfast before church--then after church since my mom is out of town and won't be cooking her big dinner, I'm going to be sewing!!!! 

Hope you have a blessed Easter doing whatever you want to do!
 

6 comments:

Monica D said...

So pretty!

Aminat said...

Wooh, beautiful dress, your client is so lucky to have someone with so much talent..Great job, eagerly waiting for the finished project

Faye Lewis said...

You're off to a great start. That will look so pretty when finished.

Goosegirl said...

Oh it is going to be lovely. I am sad because this year I have no gowns to make. Sigh. I LOVE making gowns! I can't wait to see the finished product of your gown.

Tee said...

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks! She tried it on last night and it "fit to a Tee" She and her mom were very happy!

Diana said...

You make such lovely things but I did a stint making prom dresses and clients nearly drove me crazy with their lack of consideration. I decided life was too short for inconsiderate people and slippery sliding fabrics,Lol.