Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fabric shopping in LA!

Hi ladies,

I just got back from the ASG National Conference in Los Angeles!!!!! What a great time!  Some of the classes I took were Fashion Illustration, Prof Yelen Aye, Arts Center Saturday High School Program ; Professional Tote Bag Tips with the "Pixie Ladies"; and the Little Black Dress with Susan Khalje!

We went on a fabric shopping trip and visited the following stores:  MOOD, Rimmon Fabrics, International Silks, and many, many, many, stores in the garment district!!!!!!   Yes, I broke the bank....couldn't resist.  So many beautiful fabrics!!!!!

I had my fabric shipped, so I can't post pics yet!  I'll tell you this much, I insured the box, LOL

While in Mood, we saw PR contestant, Bert!  He was so gracious, no he didn't spill the beans.  Said he didn't know who won this season yet!

Me, downtown LA near the hotel

 Santa Monica Blvd


Hollywood Blvd

bag full of goodies for my babies!

ASG Conference, Westin Bonaventure Hotel 
I'm wearing a dress that we made at our neighborhood group meeting using a tank top as our pattern.  Please forgive the black leggins, it was frigid in those classrooms, LOL


Darlene, Marie, Helen, and I enjoying a night in LA!

As soon as my box arrives, I'll have more pics from my LA shopping and classes~thanks for stopping by~

No comments: