Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sew, sew busy!

Hello sewing friends! I've been sewing like crazy! I've been working on several projects almost simultaneously!

Our friends Sharon and Frank were married yesterday, this is the outfit I made for the maid of honor.  She brought me one of her favorite knit tops and pants, and I used them to make a pattern. I used Annabelle Knit from Vogue fabrics. Wow, this knit drapes beautifully and is great for the summer. The jacket is Vogue  8796.  Fabric is a silky print from Joanns.  The silky worked great for this pattern. My client was very pleased.  Here she is just after the ceremony. 

Jacket Sleeves & I affixed crystals to the black center piece, worked great with the sparkles in the jacket!

back of jacket


The beautiful wedding cake, inside was red velvet, yummy

In between all of that I'm organizing my Sewing Center. My GD sorted my VOGUE and McCalls patterns. Now they have to be put into specific categories (dress/pants/skirt/suit/blouse/ children/home dec/craft). Next up Simplicity, Butterick, and New Look. I don't have many Burda's so they'll be easy.

I'm approaching my Sewing Center in two stages first the sewing side, to include the serger, pressing and blind hemming stations. Next I'll work on the embroidery area. I've already moved my serger twice! LOL I think it's in the right place now. On the right wall next to the fabric shelves I've placed my blind hemmer. Now I have to take the time to learn this new machine! It weighs a ton and it came with a big screw thingy to mount it to the table.

I made a box to store my tracing paper and stabilizers. I used an old cereal box (the jumbo kind from SAMs) and covered it with this neat sewing fabric! It turned out really good. When I get another box, I'll cover it too!


I've joined my first sew along. "A Fashionable Stitch" is hosting the 2-in1 Shirt and Wrap Dress Sewalong. We'll be making Simplicity 1880.  Tomorrow we start working on the muslin. I'm doing the shirt dress, not sure what fabric just yet.  I'll keep you posted. 




No comments: