Monday, February 18, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

Haven't blog in a while----this is the busy season for me.  I'm currently working on:
    •  Vogue 8804 with one of my ASG NGs.  I'm showing them how to make a fitting muslin and we will end up with a TNT jacket pattern.  We are working on this project over 4-5 months and covering a lot of couture techniques.  So far we have fitted our front and back pieces.  We will work on the sleeves at our next meeting.

  • 9 cotillion sashes (embroidered) self drafted.  I'll add 2 crystals to the crown before sewing together

COTILLION SASH



  • my Facebook sewing group challenge LBD  Vogue 1241 in a black wool knit (fiom stash)

LBD  Vogue



  • 2 bridesmaids dresses (Wildginger) (muslin's made)
  • alterations on 1 bridesmaid gown (take in bodice, hem {dress, overlay & lining),  Bodice has been deconstructed, still need to cut hems.
  • making a simple ponte knit long sleeve knee-length dress for a girl I've known since she was born wedding reception on Sat.  --- just got this tonight...I'm gonna kill this girl!!!!  Seriously the dress if very, very simple & she's like a size 5.  She'll get it Friday night.




  • a knock off Jennifer Lopez gown for my niece's prom (still looking for fabric).  I'm thinking about using this from fabric.com over a coco brown knit.  This will look close to my niece's complexion. 

So as you can see, I've got my work cut out for me......but this is my favorite type of sewing!!!!! 

I've been reading blogs at lunch time---love you guys---keep on inspiring me!!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle U said...

My, you have been busy. Everything looks good. Can't wait to see your niece's prom gown.

Gail said...

Man, I thought I had a lot on my plate! You are amazing!