Friday, April 26, 2013

New York New York

Hi fellow bloggers....I haven't posted in "sew" long!  I've been a very, very busy......some wedding attire alterations.  I've made this petticoat for a bride to wear under her dress.  I added a gross grain waist band.  She had a 23 waist!!!!  I'm also making 3 prom gowns..--well that's what I've been up to for the past couple of months.

I get to take a fun break tomorrow.  Me and fifteen or so of my sewing friends are hitting the streets of NY's Garment District tomorrow.  I've been such a good girl----stash sewing all year!!!!  Man did I have fun on-line shopping and hitting the delete button!  Crazy, I know.  I committed to the stash buster challenge with one caveat -  I'd jump off the wagon for this trip and buy only 3 pieces of fabric.  I'm going to really try hard to stick to that promise!!!

I've been visiting other bloggers in my few spare moments and loving every minute of it!  You guys rock!!!  I loved the Bristish Sewing Bee!!!  Wish they had one in the US, I'd sign up for sure!!!!   So disappointed in Project Runway, I hope they don't do teams anymore!!!!  What happened to Stanley!!!!!!!  I loved Patricia's  runway show.  I liked Michelle's, but her attitude made me want her to lose!

Can't wait to post my findings from the trip....until then Happy Sewing!!!!



5 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Hope you have soooooo much fun in NYC!

Adrienne said...

23??? TWENTY THREE lol
Have fun!!!!!! I wish I could go with y'all lol

Mariela Alethia said...

I so agree with you concerning Stanley. I don't know what happened to him, I wrote a post dedicated to Stanley. In the end Michelle deserve to win because she did not crumble under pressure and in all fairness she did give Stanley four of her helper to help get his work done. She did not have to do that! Have fun in NY

zoeope said...

...only three fabric pieces, I would need all the will power available to abide by that. :-) wishing you the best.

Sewingfunthings said...

I can't imagine living in the garment district with all of those fabric stores. The only fabric stores I been in are JoAnn's, and Hancocks,