Friday, March 21, 2014

Book review

I just finished a marvelous book.  I'm sure most of you have followed Nancy Zieman of Sewing with Nancy over the years.  I love her show, books, patterns, and products.  I began watching her in the 80s on PBS.  She sewed on a Pfaff so I bought a Pfaff.  I mean I really looked up to and admired this woman and her excellent sewing skills.  So when I heard about her latest book "Seams Unlikey,". I just had to read it.  
It was an excellent read!!!!  Nancy was an ordinary girl who followed her dreams and worked through many obstacles.  She has a great family support system as well.  I encourage you to read this wonderful book.  I laughed and cried and really enjoyed learning about one of my sewing sheroes!!!!  She still inspires me!!!!

4 comments:

eb said...

I've got this on my reading list too! Looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading the reviews all over the internet, but its good to hear a review from someone that you know! :-). Need to put it on my reading list, too. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Carol in Denver said...

I suspect that the family support system came before her overcoming obstacles and achieving her dreams. It is extremely difficult to have confidence in your dreams and determination to achieve them if you don't have early encouragement and support.

Tanya said...

I love sewing with Nancy. When I finally decided to sew my Mother had passed away, I was so happy to find Nancy she has been my sewing mentor for more than 20 years