Sunday, July 27, 2014

And the winner is...

Well I was one of 47 models in the American Sewing Guild Annual Fashion Show!  I wore my ode' to DVF wrap dress!!!!   I used McCalls 6959.  The fabric is a waxed cotton print from Ghana.  The fashion show was lots of fun!!!!!!!  There were so many beautiful models and outfits!!!!

Guess what!!!  I came in third place!!!!!!!  Yeah me!!!!!  I won a table top revolving case full of Gutterman thread!   Only problem is, I cant carry it home on the plane----  it's like 14 lbs in the case!  Today is Sunday and I will be on a tour all day tomorrow, no time to ship.  My roommate and I brainstormed, and I decided to just take the thread home.  I gave the case to a local ASG member who drove to conference.




2 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations on your win. Your dress is beautiful. I'm really loving African wax fabrics this summer. So sorry you couldn't take the thread case :( It looks like a nice one, but hey, you got all that great thread. Score!

Towanda said...

Congrats, well deserved. You look great in your dress.