Wednesday, March 4, 2015

She's "Frozen"


Here's my client, Kamira, who turned 4, in her birthday dress!  Like most girls her age she loves the movie Frozen!


This was a fun dress to make.  Mostly labor, as you have to cut the strips before tying them onto the elastic band.  I made the cotton lycra top she is wearing using the leotard from Butterick 6660.   Instead of the leotard version, I cut it off at the waist to make a top.  

The dress is strips of tulle and sparkle poly organza.  The cape is poly organza adorned with sparkles both fabrics purchased at Joann's.  For the cape, I cut a square, rounded the bottom corners, gathered the top edge and hand sewed it to the top of the dress back.  I removed the stem from a spray of silk flowers which yielded lots of various sized petals.  I glued a rhinestone to the middle of each petal and sewed them to the cape. 
sparkle poly organza cape

This is the flower I attached at the shoulder.  I made petals out of the sparkle poly organza and added them to the back of the petal to make it stand out.




I covered a piece of med weight interfacing with crepe backed satin to make the sash.  It has a piece of fold-over elastic in the back, so it just slips on. 

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Absolutely Adorable.

Bunny said...

Adorable and what a little beauty!