Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow weekend!! Sew-cation!!

Well it's snowing in Baltimore!  I know you've seen the weather reports!  Taking a minute to blog.

I started this blouse McCalls 6750 while on retreat last weekend and finished it yesterday.  Love how it turned out.  The Palmer/Pletsch patterns are great for fitting issues.  I took their tissue fitting class once and it was really helpful!  I don't do it much for others but it helps me immensely when sewing for  myself!!!

I'm stash busting so this Silk Dupioni has been in my collection for a couple of years.  I found it on the remnant table at Joann's.  There were 3 or 4 rolls and I bought them all.  My intention was to use for bridal gifts (pillows, bridal bags, etc.).  I needed a blouse for work that I could wear with lots of things so this fabric was perfect.   I love how it turned out.  I know one thing--- I need to loose some of this Christmas weight though.....better start walking!!!!!  I sewed all of the seams except the armhole using french seams.  I serged the facing and hem edges for a clean finish.  Can't wait to wear this blouse.



Here's what I plan to work on during the snow....a little me-time sewing!!!

I purchased this gorgeous fabric from Metro Textiles in NY.  It's a satin/spandex poly med weight.  I plan to make the 2-tiered skirt, View A.  This pattern is from my dear friend, Marie's stash.
I made this jacket years ago in an African print and my GD loves it.  She picked out this fabric for hers.  It supposed to be for Christmas...I ran out of time.  She turns 17 on Feb 6, so it will be a great birthday gift.
 
This will be a simple box pleated skirt with a waistband and zipper.






































These will be made into hat/scarfs for the youth to give to the homeless next weekend. 

Off to the Sewing Center.  My co-worker, Nona, read my blog a couple of years ago during a snow storm and thought I was actually leaving my house and going to another location to sew! 

Did you get snow....what will you be sewing this weekend????  

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Love that top - that fabric!

Diana said...

Lovely top and fabric. I live in eastern Canada and we didn't get that nasty storm that hit the eastern states,thank goodness !