Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Cruising to Barcelona

It's been a while. I've been altering wedding gowns like crazy!!!

This was a regular wedding gown, and I altered it to make it a high low.  She's wearing it to her rehearsal dinner.  Her MIL felt it wasn't glitzy enough. 
This is the gown she purchased to replace the original gown.   The pictures don't show how it sparkles!!!!  I hemmed and cut the mesh to floor length. She's getting married on a beach in Mexico and will be shoe less.

 This lovely bride has a 4-month old baby girl who weighed 8 lbs at birth.  She looks amazing in her beautiful lace gown from J Crew.  I took in the bust darts to give her the definition she wanted. Simple alteration here!

I now have one wedding gown to alter and a mother of the bride gown to cut off to tea length and hem. Then I'll be doing some sewing for my upcoming cruise.
We along with 18 of our family and friends will soon be taking a 7-day cruise to Barcelona on the NCL Epic!!!!

I've chosen these fabrics for my cross body bag and accessories.   The brochures say pick pocketing is prevalent so I will use the cross body bag instead of a purse.  I plan to place the inside pockets at the base of the bag.  I'm also going to make a matching cosmetic bag and key chain!!!  
I will use this fabric to make a toiletry case for my husband and shoe bags.  I think it's a great "man" fabric!!!


Until next time.  Happy sewing!!!!

1 comment:

mrsmole said...

Wow, what a killer lace dress! What fun to escape the sewing room to go on a cruise! Wishing you so much fun and fabulous food, Tee!