Tuesday, February 6, 2018

A Beautiful Transformation

I was recently commissioned to make a christening gown using the mom's wedding dress.  That's my friend, Eboni, not the mom, holding the dress up for me!  There was no lace on the gown, just satin and chiffon.  There was also a beautiful jeweled piece on the front of the gown.
Here's the finished gown.  I used McCalls 3063 and modified the pieces a bit.  I love how it turned out.




Here is the little princess wearing her gown.
Adorable!!!!!

I stitched some of jeweled piece from the front of the  gown to the back of the bonnet.  The gown is made completely from the mom's gown.

Happy Sewing!  Thanks for visiting my blog!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Job well done, beautiful!

Carol R said...

Turned out beautifully ans fits percectly. Your attention to detail paid off. Baby looks like a little princess. Great job. Love your blog

Eli cat said...

What fantastic works Tee! These are so lovely. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Tee...You did a fabulous job. Now this celebration is going to be so joyful. Tee you bring so many smiles and kisses to Everyoneđź’– Keep up the Great Joy!

365 Dresses said...

Lovely gown, and lovely transformation! What an heirloom this is.

mrsmole said...

Just priceless! I love the jewels on her bonnet...an heirloom for the future and such joy for the family. You are such an asset to your clients and a blessing to everyone who needs your help!

Fabrics USA Inc said...

Nice dress, you've made really great job!!!!