Saturday, June 9, 2018

It's been a while...but I'm back!!!

I'm happy to report that I've retired!!  Yes retired!  After 39 years and 9 months, I retired from the federal government!!!!

I hit the ground prom sewing the day after retiring.  Here's what I created.

 I used my Wildginger software to design the corset.  The corset is fully boned and made of lace and underlined with flesh toned silk organza.  I sewed her strapless bra cups into the finished corset.  The appliques were cut from lace yardage I purchased in the NY garment district and hand sewn to create the look.  Her skirt is three circle skirts (taffeta, organza, and tulle).  Organza, taffeta, and lace for sleeve and bodice from Joann Fabrics.







This 2-piece white ensemble bodice was also drafted in Wildginger.  The skirt is 5 layers of Casa sparkle poly organza with tulle gathered to the Casa taffeta lining (Joann Fabric).  The white lace was also purchased at Joann Fabrics)










I also drafted this ombre gown in Wildginger (t-shirt back zipper with set in sleeves).  The ombre is silk charmuese from Mood in NY.   The hem has 4" horsehair braid purchased from Wawak.com

The bodice of this black gown is made with an embroidered/beaded lace.  I lined it with black mesh.  The skirt is modified Butterick 3908 from my stash.  I used Casa satin and netting from Joann Fabrics.  The skirt has 4" horsehair braid purchased at Wawak.com

This beautiful royal blue gown was also drafted in Wildginger (dress with french darts and set in sleeves).  When sewing sequins I want as few seams as possible.  Dress - Stretch sequin/lycra; skirt -one layer of silk organza gathered to a poly tafetta skirt.  The poly lining has gathered tulle attached for just the right amount of fullness.  The organza skirt has 4" horsehair braid in the hem.  All fabric, except the taffeta, lace (used to cut out the appliques on sleeves and shoulders), sequin trim, and the nude mesh (Joann Fabrics) were purchased online from NYFashioncenterfabrics.com



 This adorable hot pink two piece was created using a vintage McCalls4011  Lace from A Fabric Place, Baltimore, MD.  Self drafted Casa taffeta and tulle circle skirt with tulle underskirt for effect.
 This senior wanted a classic look.  This halter gown was also drafted in Wildginger.  I used Casa black satin and red crepe (bow facing and trim) from Joann Fabrics.

4 comments:

Mariela Alethia said...

Congrats on your retirement. You certainly hit the ground running with prom season.

Bunny said...

No dust kitties under your retired feet! My fave is the last one, the black gown. I love it's simplicity. Beautiful work, Tee.

Tee said...

Thanks so much!

Tee said...

Yes that’s a timeless piece! Thanks