Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm officially "The Bag Lady"

Well I've been home since Friday, Feb 5  ---  we got around 25 or more inches of snow in the greater Baltimore area.  I don't know about any one else but I'm having a sewing good time!  I thank God for my wonderful talent and passion for sewing!

Here's some pics of my latest creations:

These are from New Look 6574.  I used a reversible oriental poly satin for the little evening bags and the black/red/gray is a quilt cotton from Joanns
Below is McCalls 4851.  I used Loralie sewig themed cotton prints from http://www.fabric.com/
The lining is a satin from stash.  It's only one bag, pockets are yellow on one side and green on the other. The entire bag has fusible interfacing.  I loved how it turned out.  I'll be making this one again!

And last but not leats...a personalized tote bag for my granddaugher, Kyla, which I drafted.  All of the fabric is from my stash.


More to come.  I'll probably be snowed in the rest of the week!

5 comments:

JC said...

Hey Tee: You're right-now is a good time to catch up on some sewing. Lord willing, I'll be doing some this afternoon. You have been sewing up a storm (literally)! These are some nice bags. Thanks for sharing the links, too. Amen to being home since 2/5 and from the looks of it--I ain't going back this week! :-). Like I said, I ain't mad cause I'm enjoying the rest and catching up on stuff (also gonna do some "sew education")

Omega said...

Nice bags! I'm loving the fabric combinations.

Melodye said...

Those bags are great! I have a couple of those patterns and it's always nice to see how someone else interprets the desiner's idea. No sewing, but knitting on this end. TTYL!

Kat said...

Great bags! Lots of sewing time is a big reason why I love snow.

Diana said...

Oh Wow!! What great bags. Aren't they fun to make?