Sunday, July 3, 2011

Always a "Flower Girl" Not a Bride Yet!!!!



Hi friends out there in sewing land!  I've been checking out all of your wonderful sewing blogs!!!!  You all are so talented, thanks for the inspiration!!!. I haven't posted in a bit, but I've been oh so busy.  I've been taking on jobs from a friend who is a fulltime seamstress.  I've been busling (sp) and hemming wedding and bridesmaids gowns.  I love doing them because you pick up some neat industry techniques when you take them apart.  That's the only kind of alteration I like doing?  What about you.

Here are some pics of my GD, Kyla, yes, she was in another wedding!  She's becoming a pro at 7 years old.

I used Butterick 5901 to make Butterick 3351 (B) since I didn't have Butterick 3351 in my GD's size.  It turned out great!









GO MISS DIVA!!!

I finally got something made for myself!!! Yippee!!!  Two cotton knit dresses.  The fabrics are from Elliott Berman Textiles in NY!  I used New Look 6697 (view E) for the black and white print.  I used my Evolve cover stitch for the hem.  I serged the seams over bias seam binding to prevent stretching and wore a red belt for some color.  However, in the pic, I used a piece of scrap red fabric!



I found this black/white/orange cotton knit at Elliott Berman's also!  It was the fist piece I saw when I went into the store.  I used McCalls 6074.  It's such a versatile dress - shopping, movies, or I can wear to work on casual Friday's since we can't wear jeans, this dress would be appropriate.      




That's all for now folks, thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Elaray said...

What an adorable little diva!
She lookis great!

SEWING SHAY said...

Great job, love the pics, a true Diva, lol !

Jada said...

Great job! What a pretty little princess.

Diana said...

Your Gd is adorable! I love both your dresses but especially the second one. Both are very summery!