Monday, July 18, 2011

More projects completed

I've been doing a lot of wedding gown alterations!  Whew, in between that, I was commissioned to make 11 embroidered stoles and a flag for a small church.  I used a Monece Satin from Hancock and interfaced the stoles with a medium sew in Pellon.  I got the fringe fro Walmart's -- their's was only$3 a yd compared to $5 & up at Hancocks and Joanns.  They weren't having a sale when I was making my purchase, and they didn't have enough yardage in stock for me to even use my coupon.  So once again my "ram in the bush" Walmart saved the day!  Did anyone read recently that Walmarts is bringing back fabrics.  I guess all the writing campaings worked!!!! 

Anyway back to the stoles and flag.  I have made tons of stoles, but have never made a flag!  I looked on line for guidance and there wasn't I looked at flags from flag stores on line.  I was given a picture of a design they wanted and it was pretty simple---a rectangle sectioned into 3 triangles.  I pulled out my trusty quilting rulers and set out to make this flag.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first one!

The stoles turned out nicely also, the pastor had a vision for the choice of colors.  The Gold represented the Christ, the Red, the Holy Spirit, and the Green, the church members.

No comments: