Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Awarded....

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Zuzana from Like a feather blog has awarded my blog the

What you might ask is the Liebster award, just a brief explanation: the name comes from German meaning "beloved" or "dearest". The blogs receiving that award are the small blogs (with less then 200 followers) and are nominated by the other bloggers. The aim is to discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. 

Ok...here are the questions Zuzana has for me:

1.  Who is the person you admire/who influences you the most?  I'm drawing a blank, not one person stands out at this time, I admire a lot of bloggers and am influenced by Blondell of The Sassy SewerSusan Khalje, Mrs Mole, and my sewer-friend who doesn't blog Sheryl Kelm. 

2.  Where are you originally from and how did you get where you are now?  Baltimore, MD born and raised!  Go Orioles and Ravens!!!!

3.  What is your favorite book?   I love the Sue Grafton series

4.  What film would you recommend us?   How to Marry a Millionaire with Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable, and Marilyn Monroe...the fashions are to die for!!!!  Such inspiration!!!!

5.  What are your other hobbies except sewing and blogging?  Baking, I love to try new recipes.

6.  How did you get to sewing?  My mom purchased a set of Childcraft books for us girls.  One of them had instructions on how to cut out and sew doll dresses!  I've been hooked on sewing ever since (circa 1973).  My first time using a sewing machine was in home ec (7th grade).

7.  What do you like the most about sewing?  Unlimited possibilities and sense of completion/satisfaction you get from a finished garment.

8.  Who inspires you the most in your sewing?  Susan Khalje

9.  What project are you the most proud of?  my wedding gowns--all of them :)

10.  What do you like about blogging?  I love that I befriend such talented people across the globe!

11.  What is your highest aspiration/dream concerning sewing?  My aspiration/dream is to retire in December of 2016 and sew for others full time!!!!

Now I'm honored to nominate a few bloggers: 

Tasha at http://thetelltaletasha.blogspot.com/  I found her blog on a google group "Sewing On My Kitchen Table"  I'm not sure how many followers she has, but I love her posts!

Latoria at http://latoriasewcreative.blogspot.com/  She's my sister-sewing friend!!!  She is an excellent seamstress and sewer who I predict will have an amazing advancement in her sewing/career life in the near future!!!!

Sarah at  http://www.sewingavenue.com/category/blog/  She has the best blog photography!!!!!

Welmoed at "There She Sews" This chick is one of the most adventurous seamstresses I know...give her a challenge and she will rise to the occasion!!!!  Check out her creations at http://thereshesews.blogspot.com/

Tasha, Latoria, Sarah, and Welmoed congratulations on your award.  Here are your questions:

1.  What was the first garment you sewed?

2.  Have you taught anyone else to sew?

3.  How many machines do you have, what's your favorite and why?

4.  What's your least favorite sewing task?

5.  What's your favorite fabric to work with and why?

6.  Tell us something most folks don't know about you.

7.  Are you a planner or spontaneous? 

8.  Who's your favorite designer?

9.  What garment/project are you most proud of?

10.   What is your highest aspiration/dream concerning sewing?

11.   Who is the person you admire/who influences you the most?

12.  What makes you smile.

Now ladies pick out some worthy blogs and pay it forward.  Happy Sewing!!!






3 comments:

mrsmole said...

Thank you for mentioning me in your blog post...my oh my...right next to Susan Khalje! Your new list of nominees is wonderful and I look forward to viewing their projects!

Unknown said...

Hi Tee, Thank you so much for the mention and I'm glad that you like my blog photos. It's great to be appreciated.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tee for mentioning me the Sassy SEWer as a inspiration. As I've told you many times I admire your temperament to sew for others.