Friday, February 7, 2020

DC Frocktails

I attended a wonderful event for sewers last weekend! “DC Frocktails.”  “It was the first gathering to celebrate DC, Mary,and, and VA makers and sewists.”  The host committee @dhfabricsandco, @naomipjohnsom, and @threelittlebirds.sewingco did an OUTSTANDING job!  It was
held at the Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center in Hyatt’s, MD.  We enjoyed 2 free mock tails or cocktails, salad, delicious appetizers, and great pizza!  So many beautiful people mingling about and admiring each other’s creative clothing and enjoying the evening!  There were plenty of door prizes; however, Imwasnt lucky!








Everyone received a SWAG bag filled with goodies.  Can’t wait until the next event!














3 comments:

Kay said...

I'm in the DC metro area (MD inner suburbs near G Street Fabrics) but have never been involved socially with other sewists. I'm (more than a little) bit of an introvert. Do you have a suggestion where I can dip my toe in to meeting others? I would love to have attended this (I think I would have got my nerve up to go) if I had known about it, for example. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Dressed to a “Tee” said...

Www.marylandasg.org
Www.asg.org

I belong to the American Sewing Guild. I’m currently the President!!! We have tons of great sewing em related events and meetings. It’s a fun group of over 300 members that meet in different parts of MD. Check Us out. We have two groups that meet at G Street

Kay said...

Belated thanks. G Street is practically right around the corner.